ARCHITECTURE: Software.

- - The original note follows - -

From: GLangdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Geoff M Langdon)
Subject: Re: Architect Software
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 07:47:35 GMT

Cynical (vichan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

: This sounds like quite a deal. However, I just have a simple question. I have
: a copy of PCZone's catalog (mail-order) and they list DesignCAD 2D 7.0 for
: Windows and DesignCAD 2D 6.0 Dos for $174.98 US each. Is this the package
: that is mentioned above? Or is it the DesignCAD 3D 4.0 that they list
: separately for $248.98? If it's the former, what are the advantages to the
: 3D package? eg. rendering, texture mapping, light sources, shadows, etc.
: Also, does anyone know where that $150 price is being offered? I haven't been
: able to find any ads that show this deal.

DesignCAD and DataCAD are two different programs from different companies.
DesignCAD is good for industrial design.

DataCAD is for Architecture, construction, buildings. It is 2D and 3D,
with rendering. There are 3 specials now, $49 for the basic DataCAD,
$99 for an extended version, $149 for the professional version of DataCAD
including 17.5 meg of architectural symbols (thousands). This is
obviously an amazing special and will end in another 3 weeks (Feb 28th).
The adress is :
CADKEY Inc.
4 Griffin Road North
Windsor, CT 06095-1511