ART: Prince George Amnestty International. FAX.

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 4-FEB-1994
18:50:39.07
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: IMPORTANT - FAX NUMBER CHANGE!

Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 15:21:00 -0800
From: DEREK MASSELINK 565-4165 <DMASSELINK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IMPORTANT - FAX NUMBER CHANGE!
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

****ATTENTION****

PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR FAX NUMBER HAS CHANGED. IT IS NOW 564-2995!! PLEASE PASS
THIS INFORMATION ALONG ASAP!! THX!

DRAW US A LETTER

Prince George Amnesty International Art Exhibition

The power of Amnesty International is its ability to communicate human rights
concerns across all boundaries, barriers and borders, quickly and effectively.
Historically, the most effective and efficient way of relating these concerns
has been through letters. However, with the advent of fax machines and computer
mail these concerns are more frequently being sent electronically. Technology is
effectively reducing international distances, making the world a "smaller"
place.

The Prince George Amnesty International group is planning an art exhibition
which will illustrate the effectiveness, scope and power of Amnesty's
international network. To accomplish this we need your help. Please draw or
create a letter, in any visual medium which can be mailed or faxed for display
at this exhibition. Your "letter" should express human rights abuses and/or
victories occurring in your area of the world.

There is no limit to the number of entries that can be sent in by any one
person. In fact, the more the better. The intent of this art show is to receive
as many entries from as many different areas around the world. PLEASE PASS THIS
INFORMATION ON TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. This exhibition is not limited to
artists but is open to everyone.

All entries will be for sale. Funds raised from the sale of these art pieces
will be used to support the work of Amnesty International.

The exhibition will run from February 15, 1994 to April 3, 1994 at a local
gallery. Depending on the response received this exhibition could be toured
either nationally and/or internationally.

All entries should be mailed before February 15, 1994 and entries that are going
to be faxed should be sent between February 8 - 21, 1994.

The mailing address for entries is as follows:

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL ART EXHIBITION
C/O OTHER ART CAFE INC.
1148 7TH AVENUE
PRINCE GEORGE, B.C.
V2L 3J3
CANADA
Phone No.: (604) 561-1553
Fax No.: (604) 564-2995

Contacts: Marty Kranabetter (604) 564-2773 or
mkranabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Derek Masselink (604) 564-4885 or
Masselink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just another reminder of this upcoming show. Could you please distribute this
call to as many interested people as possible (worldwide)? We are trying to
reach as many people from as many different backgrounds and locations as
possible. We are not limiting ourselves to artists. If any or all of you could
distribute this call via any means open to you we would be indebted. This show
is a bit of an experiment, an experiment that will determine the extent of the
international "moccasin telegraph".

Thanks a lot!

Derek Masselink