does anyone ever sue an architect for bad design?

Hi Tony: I have forwarded your rrequest to DESIGN-L at PSUVM for possible
discussion. Howard

- - The original note follows - -

From: ATB@xxxxxxxxxxxx (So-Boo, Anthony Tan)
Subject: does anyone ever sue an architect for bad design?
Date: 7 Feb 1994 05:17:01 GMT

hello. While writing a paper on architectural practices, I am faced to
ask the question; "has an architect ever been sued for incompetent
design abilities?". Can an architect be held liable for something as
abstract and hermunitical as design? Personally, I have not heard
of any such cases.

I envisioned a hypothetical case where a client is very dissapointed
with the design of a building commissioned, with little design constraints,
from a well known architect on the grounds that it did not look
like works the architect is known for. In a lecture given by Peter
Eisenmann several months ago on his new building in Japan, he said
that his only design "requirements" were to design that building so
that it would good enough to be on leading Japanese architectural journals.
Fortunately it was.

I would be greatful if someone could point me toward sources where a break-
down of causes of lawsuits within the practice of architecture. a discussion
on this matter would be wonderful.

thanks for your time. tony tan.