Hasan Fathy.

- - The original note follows - -

From: azim@xxxxxxxxxx (Amr Azim)
Subject: Re: Hasan Fathy, maloof
Date: 10 Feb 1994 18:08:50 GMT

I worked with Hassan Fathy after graduation when I was in Egypt in early 1980s.
there was a project designed by Hassan Fathy and built in Santa Fe, Arizona;
late 1970s. The projects consisted of a small comunity of residential units and
a school. All buildings were built from adobe with domes and vaults ( Hassan
Fathy Style). I also beleive that they brought some workers from Egypt to help
in construction.

Hassan Fathy promote the idea of using local materials and local techniques to
help solve the problem of housing for the poor. His design work using court
yards, vaults, and domes are extremly usful in hot climates.

If you have any questions about Fathy's work or philosophy, send me an e-mail
message.