Re: DECONSTRUCTIVISM anyone?

> - - The original note follows - -

>Hmmm, Deconstructivism ... I think it has something to do with
>"Publish or perish"...
>
>> All of which are rather complicated ideas but Benedikt does a good
>> job of relating them to well known examples (Villa Savoy, Exetar
>> Library, Taliesin, Phillip Johnson's House, etc)
> ^^^^^^^^
>Methinks Frank Lloyd Wright would inflict serious bodily harm on
>anyone who associated him with Deconstructivism, Derrida, or Benedikt.
>--
>Ken Keyzer

However, Ken methinks you have misunderstood Benedikt's teaching about
Decon where he makes it quite clear that it is more appropriately a system
for interpreting
architectural works, terms, gestures and the like....but does not see a
very good case
for a connection between Decon the literary/(a)philosophical method and
Decon the Mark
Wigley'd Johnsoned sculpture collection for the MOMA and the
Magazines.....Therefore,
architectures make themselves more fitting for Decon analysis (i.e. Wright
and Kahn), when
no connection is intended to the 'STYLE' or what might better be referred
to as the Knee-jerk
sculptural fragment movement.

Vince Canizaro via Shelley_Roff@Brown .edu