Re: DECONSTRUCTIVISM anyone?

Original note:

>> From: Christian_Molick@xxxxxxxx (Christian Molick)
>
>> from the whole. What is happening is that deconstructivist
>> architects are moving away from traditional ways of arranging
>> spaces and encorporating a new level of freedom and excitement
>> in the geometry and the composition of their works. They are
>> not anti-human works, they are pro-expression.

One thing that would help the architecture profession the most would be
if people, architects, would stop using such simple dichotomies to explain
actions which are primarily either simply reactions or "artistic moves". In

the citation above we have anti-human vs. pro-expression. In what way are
these mutually exclusive??????? Who would say to be human is to be anti-
expressive or even vice-versa. In short, this claim like so many in
Architecture school studios and juries (not to mention arch. publicatiions)
is
meaningless and shows why architects constantly ATTACH themselves to
(pseudo)philosophical thinking.

Vince Canizaro via Shelley_Roff@xxxxxxxxx