Re: Deconstruction: any examples?

- - The original note follows - -

From: st93ak5s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Michael Cullen)
Subject: Re: Deconstruction: any examples?
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 1994 03:39:25 GMT

In article <2li9l4$256@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, dsucher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (david
sucher) wrote:

> With all the talk about "deconstruction," I wonder if theres has been
> anything actually built in such a "style" or "school?"
>
> If there hasn't, how can make any assertions about it at all? One way or
> the other?
>
> Cheers,
> David Sucher

Here are some that are actually built:
Frank Gehry house
Santa Monica, CA 1977-78

Frank Gehry
Loyola Law School, LA, CA
1981-84, 1990

Peter Eisenman
Wexner Center for the Visual Arts, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
1983-89

Zaha Hadid
Vitra Fire station, Weil am Rhein, Germany
1989-93

Morphosis
Hennesy and Ingalls bookstore, Santa Monica, CA
1984
"I think the idea of misogyny is a stimulant to the feminists, and it's
rather like anti-Semites looking for Jewish noses everywhere."
Lucian Freud's response to his supposed misogyny and sexism.