Re: Battersea Power Station

- - The original note follows - -

From: peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Giblin)
Subject: Re: Battersea Power Station
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 1994 11:31:30 +0000

In article <1994Mar12.010648.26531@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [email protected]
writes:

> I have some questions on the London power station visible south of the
> Thames (sorry that I'm not more specific, but I don't have my books here).
>
> 1. Was it built in the 1930s, and is it an example of Brutalism?
> 2. Is it abandoned or in use?
>
> I've seen the station in the distance a few times, and thought that it
> could be put to use if abandoned.
>
> John Syron

I'm not sure when it was built but at the moment it is a sorry sight,
the insides have been stripped out, leaving the external walls which
are open to the elements and are deteriorating.
I believe the intention was to make leisure centre out of the
building but the developers went bust a few years ago.
--
| Peter Giblin |
| Phone <0992> 575 683 |