Re: H.O.K. firm in St. Louis

- - The original note follows - -

From: harch@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: H.O.K. firm in St. Louis
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 94 21:59:11 -0500

Edward Cottrell <Edward.H.Cottrell.1@xxxxxx> writes:

>Does anyone out there have information relating to the St. Louis based
>architecture firm with the initals H.O.K.. I believe the full name of the
>firm is something like Hellmuth, Obata, and Kassabaum. I've been told that
>they do a good deal of stadium design, including some work here and
>overseas on domed projects. They are responsible for the well-received
>design of the new ball park in Baltimore with its old-time, nostalgic
>feeling.

You are correct in what you have stated about HOK. Their corporate offices
are in St. Louis and the initials do stand for Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum.
The office that is responsible for their athletic facility design is based in
Kansas City and called HOK Sports Group. There are a couple of other design
firms located in Kansas City that specialize in sporting venues;
Ellerbe Beckett and HNTB. An article was published 2 or 3 months ago in
one of the architectural trade publications (either PA or Architecture Magazine)
on these firms.
Hal Adams, AIA
HARCH@xxxxxxxxxx