Re: your mail

On Sat, 9 Apr 1994, Howard Ray Lawrence 814 238 9535 wrote:

> Subject: Re: CONVENTION CENTER IN BERKELEY
>
> >getnote
> > Hi everyone! I am taking a class in environmental design at
>
> |Instructor? Level?
Instructor: Donlyn Lyndon (great professor)
Level: beginning (introductory)

> >Berkeley and I need some help with a convention center design. The land
> >that I will be working on is about as big as a college football field. I
> >do not have to worry about the construction cost or the local
>
> |Why not?
The class focuses on ideas and concepts rather than specific details.

> >regulations. All I have to do is to present a design that looks
> >esthetically satisfactory. I would like to hear some ideas about the
>
> |Do you mean there is *no* real substance to the work?
No real substance to the work? I am not too sure what you mean
but the main focus is the concept of the design. I will probably end up
presenting a model that shows the exterior of the building, with some
landscaping. We DO NOT have to specify construction cost, materials or
building codes.

> >exterior of the building, the parking lot arrangement, and just some
> >ideas about the design from anyone. Thanks in advance!
>
> |Have *you* explored any case studies of the building type yet?
yes, I have : S.F. Moscone Center and a few others. Now the
purpose of this post is to ask the people on the net if they have
any experience with any convention center designs or even just
contacts. For example, S.F. Moscone Center is quite modern so I
would like to see if anyone knows any neo-classic designs or even
other modern designs.