"Basic & Applied Design (Art and Architecture)"

his convention center...

I did a convention center targeted at my chosen site
in Indianapolis for an architectural design studio
a couple of years ago...

an interesting twist on the convention center (and one worth
exploring as an experiential quality) would be the consideration
of the center as a tourist icon or oasis. You might want
to take into consideration the amount of publicity, information, etc
you can bestow to the visiting tourist or business man that might
come to your convention center and use that as an added incentive
for your design.

In my case, it made my center very much more rich, multifaceted,
and aesthetically pleasing because I was able to incorporate much
more function into my form.

Deanna
@BSU