architecture and shadows

The person interested in shadows did not sign the message.To that person,

There are several buildings in my hometown of Ahmedabad, India, which
have been designed with shadows in mind. Not all of them have been
documented. Here are some I know you can find:

Mill owner's association - Le Corbusier.
Indian Institude of Management - Louis Kahn
Several builidngs by B. V. Doshi.

The modern masters made excellent use of light in their buildings. The
way in which they have used the harsh tropical light and what it does, can
be a fascinating study. The exterior faces of their works come alive with
the play of shadows in different seasons, different times of day.

Another architect, Leo Perreira, has also done some interesting work. It
may be difficult to find documentation on him.

Hope this has been of help.

Ashish Mukerjee amukerje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Research Associate
Louisiana State University

"Poetically man dwells." Hans Holderlein.