Re: Architecture School of the Future

Follow up ...

- - The original note follows - -

From: hughjc@xxxxxxx (HughJC)
Subject: Re: Architecture School of the Future
Date: 19 Apr 1994 20:15:03 -0400

In article <2osg1s$8o3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, chiyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Chi-Yi
Chang) writes:

>As we move toward a future where information technologies become
>increasingly integrated into everyday life, we need to be familiar
>with these technologies in order to perform even the most basic of
>functions.

This sounds interesting as long as you don't forget about the low tech part of
architecture. 75% of my time (as an architect for 15 years) is spent LISTENING
to people (clients, regulators, bosses, etc) and WRITING (reports, letters,
proposals, apologies, etc). These were two skills which were inadequately
stressed during my college experience. Don't make the same mistake that they
made in Medical Schools years ago, concentrating so much on the technology and
forgetting about the people skills.