ARCHITECTURE: Sculpture City International NetWorkshop.

From: IN%"menno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" "Menno Rubbens" 21-APR-1994 07:18:11.37
To: IN%"hrl@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
CC:
Subj:

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 1994 13:37:30 +0230
From: Menno Rubbens <menno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: hrl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Apparently-To: hrl@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>From menno Thu Apr 21 13:37 NED 1994 forwarded by menno
To: hrl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Sculpture_City_Networksho

SCULPTURE CITY INTERNATIONAL

Fourth message

*Summary previous SCI messages:
*
*In September 1994 the foundation ATTILA (based in Rotterdam,
*The Netherlands) is organizing an international electronic NetWorkshop.
*The idea is to send and receive 3D-models for SCULPTURE-BUILDINGS.
*Buildings which are sculptures, and sculptures actually being
*buildings. Buildings are regarded as sculptures to work and to live
*in. The main topic of the manifestation will be the relationship
*between Architecture, Art and Electronic media.
*With the increasing influence of electronic media on our physical
*world, the way we experience our physical environment changes. The
*tendency of communication spaces becoming more and more a-topic will
*be of great influence on the design of architectural-, sculptural-
*and cybernetic-space.
*The dissolving sensorial boundaries between electronic and physical
*space will be explored during the manifestation by connecting cyber-
*spatial-design to physical interfaces, such as milling-machines and
*VR-installations.

Additional Information:

1- The ATTILA foundation has now its own account on The WELL. Please
send all questions to:

attila@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

2- With the assistance of the 'CAD-Training center' of the T.U. Delft the
ATTILA foundation has set up an FTP site to make the exchange of files
easier. (for info, email: attila@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

3- The following organisations support the SCULPTURE CITY project:

European Community (Caleidoscope program)
Centre for the Arts Rotterdam (CBKR)
Rotterdam Art Foundation (RKS)
Rotterdam Festivals (cultural season 1994/1995)
Netherlands Architecture Institute (NAi)

During the last months we got a possitive reaction on our initiative
from you. We would like to know if you are still interested in participating
in the NetWorkshop.

If you and/or your organisation would like to participate in the exchange
of ideas and models during the SCULPTURE CITY INTERNATIONAL NetWorkshop
in september 1994 please send mail to :

attila@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

containing the following items:

Name,
Email address,
Organisation,
Country.

and a short note why you would like to participate, and if you will
participate as an individual or with a group.

If you have any questions about the NetWorkshop, the FTP-site or the
entire SCULPTURE CITY manifestation, send mail to:

attila@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

--Menno Rubbens

Sculpture City is an initiative of Kas Oosterhuis, Architect in Rotterdam
and Ilona Lenard, sculptor in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.