are lists creating new 'space'.

have you ever sat in a room and felt its infinity?
this is the feeling i get when i log on to the computer to read and post mail
to these discussion lists.
a space is created through the cables and satalites and those big disks (the
name escapes me right now).
i can feel this infinity just looking at my screen.
it encompases all people who have access.
through communication we have crossed the bounds of physical architecture and
created a metaphysical architecture.
it is an architecture that you put in your mind.
beyond virtual reality.
it is like traveling through our brains to another land or another time.

once i was writing back and forth to a friend of mine that i met on a list.
she lived it eastern canada and i in midwest u.s.a.
that physical distance of thousands of miles was bridged by this metaphysical
space.
it brought us closer together.
i began feeling that i could see her.
i could 'feel' the visuality of her appearance.
this space seemed to be created by our communitcation.

i have been asked by many people where architecture is headed.
i have been asked by many people what is the future of architecture.
i have been asked by many people how will all this new information affect
architecture. like how will virtural reality affect architecture.

my feelings and senses and imagination give me hints to answers to my
questions.
to their questions.

these lists seem to be hints to the answers.
all you faceless people who interact are given features through our
imaginations.
the distances between us are connected by spaces in our imagination.

is this a theory.
i do not know.
but i would like to know who feels these things.

everyone must have at one point tried to imagine what some one who they
communicate to by the computer looks like.

thoughts by
spencer noland.

p.s. in the thoughts of l. kahn:
what would a computer want to be in architecture?