VR and arch/design

I have a presentation in two weeks about virtual reality, or virtual
enviroment if you prefer, and its possible applications in architecture and
industrial design. There is anybody that knows about VR applications or
ongoing projects specific for architectur and industrial/product design?
What is your idea about the possibility to test constructions/products
before building them? Do you think it is just a trip of the scientists or
it is a fabolous opportunity to develop better projects?
I would like to have some feedback. Any volunteer?

Thanks in advance, and of course any sugestion is very very welcomed.

Bye, Claudio

franchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

alias design-l design-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
alias stefano sfranchi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx