ART: ...and Architectural Design?

From: IN%"[email protected]" "Art Criticism Discussion Forum" 5-MAY-1994
19:55:15.50
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: Museums & Artists

Date: Thu, 5 May 1994 19:54:34 EDT
From: gerrygerry@xxxxxxx
Subject: Museums & Artists
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I read recently in the NY Times about an artist, Paul Rebhan, who walked into
the MOMA and hung one of his paintings in the T. Grossman Gallery using
double-stick tape. The museum didn't notice for @ 48 hrs. As a museum
professiona, I am concerned with issues raised about museum security, etc.,
but I would be interested to hear from this list's subscribers what you think
the relationship should be, ideally and/or realistically, between artists,
particularly the lesser-known, and museums.

Gerry