ARCHITECTURE: Theater. Culpeper, Virginia.

From: IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" 9-MAY-1994 05:33:12.40
To: IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
CC:
Subj: Theater Available

Date: Sun, 8 May 94 12:12:53 GMT
From: Ivan Pope <3W@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Theater Available
Sender: artnet-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Theater in Virginia available for productions

It's a circa-1939 theater in Culpeper, Virginia, 80 miles from Washington,
D.C. that seats 500+. We would like to hear from persons and organizations
interested in using the facility for performances, festivals, lectures,
experiments, meetings, or other uses. We also welcome suggestions for use
of the space.

The theater has good acoustics, a small proscenium stage (that could be
enlarged and has been used for vaudeville performances), a full-size movie
screen, a projection booth suitable for 35mm and 16mm, and plenty of
parking. It was in continuous use as a movie theater from 1939 to August 1993.

For more information, or to contribute ideas, please contact Kris Herbst or
Steve Usdin at global@xxxxxxxxx, tel. 202-662-7431, fax 202-662-7433, 630
National Press Building, Washington, DC 20045.