GENERAL: EC Multimedia Arts Request.

From: IN%"artnet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" 16-MAY-1994 15:44:46.27
To: IN%"ARTNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
CC:
Subj: Call for European partners: multimedia arts

Date: Mon, 16 May 94 10:22 GMT
From: VLA3SMITHBC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Call for European partners: multimedia arts
Sender: artnet-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: ARTNET@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm coordinating a bid to the European Commission in an attempt to
obtain funding for a *feasibility study* in multimedia arts' databases
and would be interested to hear from anyone who is either doing likewise -
in order to join forces - or thinks they might be a potential partner.
The areas of concern are
*electronic publishing*
*information dissemination*
*information retrieval*
IN THE CONTEMPORARY ARTS.
Participants MUST be E.C. based working within an institution, corporation or
as a professional individual, have either extensive personal knowledge or
close collaboration with information engineering expertise and be prepared to
show how their operation can absorb 50% of the total costs of the input
(e.g. by costing usage of existing resources).
My own current research area is to develop an on-line database for
Live Art /Performance Art so the purpose of the bid from my perspective
is to review current achievemnets and best practices in moving from
essentially text-based on-line retrieval to text AND non-text. If this
sounds sympathetic or related to your own concerns please make contact either
via the net or direct to me, address below.
If English isn'y your first language I can arrange for you to receive details
in one of the standard European languages (Danish, Dutch, French, German,
Greek, Italian, Potuguese, Spanish) if you let me know your name,
organisation, postal address and telephone/fax numbers.
Finally can I stress again that this is a bid for a feasibility study in
the first instance and that development monies would be a much later stage.
This first bid is something of a longshot as Information Engineering monies
rarely seem to stray into the arts, but nothing ventured....
Look forward to hearing from you. A prompt reply is of the essence!

Barry Smith
Dept. of Visual and Performing Arts
Nottingham Trent University
NOTTINGHAM, England/UK