Re: GARATH COLE

I recently attended a lecture where Garath Cole
gave a discussion on ENERGY EFFICIENT HOUSING in
Australia and to be honest with you all I tend to agree with
his notions. This continent as we know it can be mighty
uncomfortable for more than 50% of the year and if we
keep on designing buildings that simply do not work with
its environment then we find ourselves having to use the
heaters and air conditioning units. They cost a fortune to
run and often are quite dangerous to our health because of
the dramatic changes in temperatures that our body
experiences, not to mention the load compounding load
effect it has on the environment. I also agree on the other
hand that buildings do need to evoke an aesthetically
strong appearance, but my question is why then as
ARCHITECTS cant we come up with a satisfying
combination of the two
SHANE WOOD.