student selection criteria

This message comes from the school of design at Curtin University of Technolgy
Western Australia. The school is currently evaluating its selection procedures
and we hope that this message will bring other ideas into the debate.
We currently select students on a combination of tertiary entrance exam scoresD,
folio revues, interview, and set drawing and aptitude tests. This process
is very time consuming and whilst it seems like a fair way which gives a range
of applicants access to the course, we do not have any proof that this is
any better than the practice adopted by other schools; i.e. going by the
tertiary score. Any views on this will be very welcome

Alun Price: rpriceaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx