Re: The Wall

From: IN%"stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" "TERESA DIANE STUBBS" 25-MAY-1994 14:33:25.45
To: IN%"HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx" "Howard Lawrence"
CC:
Subj: The Wall

Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 13:34:31 -0500
From: TERESA DIANE STUBBS <stubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: The Wall
Sender: Art Criticism Discussion Forum <[email protected]>
To: Howard Lawrence <HRL@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

TERESA: YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN FORWARDED TO DESIGN-L. SUBSCRIBERS TO
DESIGN-L MAY HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR YOU; AND THEY CAN SEND THEM DIRECTLY
TO YOU, AND COPY TO THE LIST, IF THEY WISH. Howard, ListOwner.

Everyone,

I have just been asked to create a 12' by 8' plexiglass wall for an
engineering firm. THis wall will be in the entry of their company and
will represent the information hiway. I'll be using fiber optic cables
and light to represent the flow of information (that's what I've been
asked to use anyway).

A few questions to anyone who has done this sort of thing before:

How do you frost, or etch plexiglass? What kind of paint do you use on
plexiglass?

I'd also take any suggestions on how to portray motion through the cables
using different colored lights.

As you can tell, I've never done anything like this before. I'll take all
the hints you can give.

Thanks,
Teresa