Re: Using the Net for Proj Mangt

- - The original note follows - -

From: gibsonf1@xxxxxxxxxx (Frederick Clifford Gibson)
Subject: Re: Using the Net for Proj Mangt
Date: Fri, 27 May 1994 01:33:39 GMT

Richard Tilmann (rtilmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
: Good day folks,

: My employer is embarking on a very large resort development project that
: will involve well over twenty architecural, design, engineering and
: construction management firms scattered all over the country, from
: San Francisc to New York, Texas to Minnasota. We are exploring some
: specific ways that the Internet can be used to facilitate the complex
: challenge of coordination and communications that a project of this
: scale will intail.
: Much to my surprise, none of the firms involved have ever used the
: net for this type of task before.

: Does any one have any real life experience, or even theoretical
: suggestions about hwo the various Internet services can be productively
: applied to large scale Project Management?

: --
: : Richard Tilmann rtilmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :
: : (517) 772-5451 :

There is an ongoing research/corporate consortium which is specifically using
the internet for project design/management. The Stanford based group
is called CIFE (Center for Integrated Facility Engineering). The current
industry membership included ASD, Autodesk, Bechtel, ....(For a total
of 30 including major international developers and contractors.)
The CIFE director is Paul Teicholz at teicholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.