Re: Knowledge in architecture

On Mon, 30 May 1994, Garry Stevens wrote:

> Several of my colleagues have asked the question:
>
> Given that we now have a considerable body of knowledge about the
> environmental performance of buildings, and about the psycho-social effects
> of the built environment, why is this corpus never/rarely used by
> architects in design?

I apologize that I must have missed the earlier part of this thread but
could you give some examples of what you are talking about? There's no
question that none of us--designers, clients, regulators--do as good a job
as we are able and the built environment is pretty shabby and unpleasant
in many places. But what kinds of things were you thinking about?

David Sucher