Re: GENERAL: PostModernism.

Although long messages on listservs may be viewed as a nuisance by some
people, I appreciated Scott Weakley's observations on Modernism and
Post-modernism. The internet is often short of real scholarship.
I am interested in architecture but am not trained in the discipline. I
would like to hear from folks who know of any published guide or list of
postmodern buildings that are worth visiting. My experience to date is
most buildings that claim to be postmodern are shams - just a little
decoration applied to an ordinary box. Or maybe that is part of the
essence. (In which case I need to change my way of viewing them.)
Any input would be most welcome. Feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks.

Robb D. Scholten
The University of Tennessee
roscoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx