Re(2): shotgun shacks

Although I don't recommend the book, I found reference to shotgun Houses in
AMERICAN VERNACULAR BY JIM KEMP published by the AIA PRESS.

According to Kemp there are is a "rich and diverse selection" of these
unusual structures in Louisville, Kentucky. "Much of the credit for saving
these distinctive houses belongs to the Preservation Alliance of Louisville
and Jefferson County, Inc., the local historical society. Indeed, one entire
block of Shotgun structures remains intact as residences, the 900 block of
East Jefferson Street. Another area of the city rich in Shotgun houses is
called Butchertown."

Alan Mountjoy
Palo Alto