Re: Wright's concrete blocks

- - The original note follows - -

From: montyb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Monty Brandenberg)
Subject: Re: Wright's concrete blocks
Date: 19 Jul 1994 17:53:56 GMT

In article <Ct5nHv.6sp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jeff Edman <edman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Does anyone know if his technique of casting concrete blocks is described
> somewhere? Just curious how it was done and how the design was integrated.

I remember reading references to these buildings. There is a small-format
book detailing all the Wright houses published some decades ago. It is
still available and that should be a starting point. I remember that one
of the owner-constructed houses is in Missouri and may be the only FLW
house in the state. If I recall correctly, the cost of construction
including Wright's 10% fee was under either $5K or $10K that being one of
the project's goals.

monty