Re: SOFTWARE

>Hi everyone,
>I'm new to this group and to internet so please bear with me. I am looking for
>help and am not sure if i'm in the right group.
>
>I am an instructor at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, Michigan
>in the Interior Architecture department and am researching software for
>Interior Design curriculums. I am specifically interested in finding schools
>and/or interior design firms who have Machintoch computers, and hearing which
>software they use for CADD and graphics. If you are responding from a Univer-
>sity with an Interior Architecture or Design department, would you also tell me
>at which level the student is introduced to the computer and in which classes
>each software package is used. Also, are the students required to purchase
>their own computers?
>
>Thank you in advance for your help,
>Sandra Johnstone

We are an architectural firm in San Francisco and we use Macs. I can
suggest that you take a look at Minicad 5 and PowerDraw. There are demos
available for both programs. These are the most "mac-like" CAD
applications on the market. If students are interested in cross-platform
CAD packages, then AutoCad should be considered, but most architects feel
it is not really designed for them and is too difficult and time consuming
to learn. AutoCad familiarity is considered a marketable skill when
looking for an entry level job, however/

Jonathan Cohen and Associates kvetcher@xxxxxxxx

Architects and Planners 415-543-0678 phone

246 First St., Suite 203 415-543-3280 fax/data

San Francisco, CA 94105 USA