[no subject]

THIS INFORMATION IS BEING FORWARDED TO DESIGN-L.
In MEMO, AIA publication, DEC93, p.14, "Interns ad Exempt Employee Status",
there are comments about What is a professional?, Specific tasks, and
Compensation.

In MEMO, AIA PUBLICATION, SUMMER1994, p. 6, "How Should the AIA Respond to
P/A Intern Compensation Article?", members are asked to write or FAX Doug
Bailey, Associate AIA, Integrus Architecture, 1600 The Exchange Building,
821 2nd Ave., Seattle, Washington, 9804-1503, VOICE: 206 628 3137, FAX:
206 628 3138, and let him know what you (the members) think. Alternative
communications are requested to be sent to Kenneth Trionfo, Associate AIA,
RR 4, Box 4169, Stewartstown, PA 17363, SCHOOL VOICE: 410 319 3910,
HOME VOICE: 717 993 9538, and FAX: 410 319 3786.

Finally, this problem has persisted ever since I can remember. In San
Francisco, California, one of my near classmates after graduating from Berkeley
in the 1960s atempted to organize a union for architectural apprenctices in
the San Francisco Bay Area. There was so much unjust compensation occurring
for apprentices at that time, he thought only a union would correct the
problem. Also, many felt very intimidated by the profession in such an
undertaking. I'm not sure where the union went, or if it went anywhere.
Does anyone know? Thanks. Howard

Subject: Re: July P/A Article: _The Intern Trap_