Re: Architectural Accreditation

- - The original note follows - -

From: beartoe@xxxxxxx (Robert F. Anderson)
Subject: Re: Architectural Accreditation
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 1994 11:28:09 -0600

In article <3358eeINNin2@xxxxxxx>, jwegener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jenny R
Wegener) wrote:

> I can say that I'm fed up with the AIA and their Nazi tactics.
>
> The Intern Development PRogram (IDP) is a joke. It has prevented me and
> others like me from entering the profession by providing a legal way for
> currently registered architects to protect their turf. Their is not one word
> of this "law" that requires employers to provide the credit hours now
> required in specific areas of work that a candidate must have to lawfully
> work as an architect. Note that I say work because I don't buy in to the BS
> "practice" nomenclature.

As a practicing architect, I must say that it's probably true that IDP
candidates don't get the well-rounded exposure to the profession that is
intended, but, for the record, isn't this a function of the various state
architectural licensing boards, not the AIA, which is, after all, just a
professional organization?
--
my opinions are my own.

Robert F. Anderson "Living in the future is
Matrix Design like having bees inside
Architecture / CAD your head."
Austin TX -- P. Proctor