Re: WANTED: Experienced Architect

Mark said -
As part of our jobs as architects (or student
arch. in my case), should we try to educate this fellow as to why he shouldn't
build something this large? He gave us his address, and since he went fishing
on the net (ouch. bad pun) for an architect, he's inviting a response, isn't
he?

Yah, I think we should let him know. However, I wouldn't hold out much hope.
It is an interesting problklem though, and maybe architects had better begin
]to try to deal with changes that have happened in this society like the
decline of the middle class. It is quite difficult for me to grasp what the
rooms are in such a large house. Obviously, there should be at least 10
or so servant chambers, but to design such a thing seems so out of step
with my traditianal cultural experience that I personally don't have much
to say about it from an "archiytectural" perspective.

- Ray