Re: Green Buildings in Europe - Help

Intersting ---
Henri T. de Hahn sees the Rietveld/Schroeder house as a "denial of materiality".
Certainly, I would agree that it expresses a Calvinistic austerity which
can be interpretted as a rejection of materialism. But, I feel that that
interpretation is quite misguided. It actually is a misinterpretation of
the entire aesthetic of austerity. The occurences of this approach in
architecture are rare, but notable. - Quaker farmhouses, various zen temples,
I don't see these as denials of materiality. Instead, they are expressions
of a dep appreciation for the material.

- Ray Lauzzana