De Stijl and Mondrian and Warhol?

Hi, again,
I just had a thought. Andy Warhol actually accomplished some of what
Mondrian set out to achieve---removed the "painterly" aspects of his work
by reducing it to a simple craft process---silk screen. Of course,
there is still handwork and evidence of it, but much of the PROCESS is
gone. Of course, were Warhol to actually start silkscreening Mondrians,
there would be an incredible uproar (though he was haunted by his religion,
I don't think Warhol was really a spiritual person), but it would be the
ultimate irony: the work of an artist who sought the essential spirit by
reduction being copied by an artist who sought the reduction of the essential
spirit to a common commodity by the application of a machine-suited process.

OUCH!

(I realize now the tense problems above. Yes, I know Warhol's dead. As a native
Pittsburgher, I have great admiration for Warhol, though I, like most of us,
just have no idea where he was really coming from.)

Mark