Re: Architectural Education

Hi

> Have schools volunteered their "design" services to their communities
> or neighborhoods, so that an accepted design could be taken over for
> development by a firm?

There are groups who work in our school with "local" community interests
in designing stuff for the community. Much of this has been very successful.
The philosophy behind these "ventures" is one of empowering the public, giving
them the opportunity to have input in the design of the ammenities that are
supposed to serve them.
Much of this work is done with "minority" groups whose economic, social and
cultural values/abilities do not fit into what the local authorities would
see as "main stream"

> Has anyone heard of a non-profit architecture firm?

Most firms fit this bill?

Mat
Matiu Carr

School of Architecture Property and Planning
University of Auckland email: m.carr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
New Zealand WWW: http://archpropplan.auckland.ac.nz/