Re: Do You Know What an Architect REALLY Does?

Mike,
I wasn't referring specifically to Jahn, but to that attitude that exhibits
itself in more than the snide remark to the client or user. It's the attitude
that indicates that the paperwork isn't important to the overall performance
of the building.

I'm afraid I was being catty about the "whiz-pow" remark. But we have noticed
that the punchiest presentations get the better reviews---even if the design
itself is severely flawed. Also, technical issues are not typically discussed
(for us till now) in reviews. The emphasis has been on esthetics and philosophy
to a disproportionate amount.

Mark