CHRYSLER AWARD

FOR INNOVATION IN DESIGN

August 5, 1994

Mr. John Young
Architect
251 West 89th St., #6E
New York, New York 10024

Dear John:

This year's recipients of the Chrysler Award for
Innovation in Design were recently announced at the
Pacific Design Center in Los Angeles. As an invited
participant of the nominating committee I wanted to
notify you of the 1994 winners:

Muriel Cooper

Visible Language Workshop at MIT's Media Lab
Educator, researcher and designer of the digital
realm

Zuzana Licko and Rudy VanderLans

Emigre Magazine
Experimental typographers and design critics

Katherine and Micllael McCoy

Cranbrook Academy of Art
Educators, practitioners and design theorists

Achva Stein

University of Southern California
Landscape architect, ecologist and educator

John and Nancy Jack Todd

Ocean Arks International
Environmental engineers and living technologies
inventors

Lebbeus Woods

Visionary architect, urbanist and theorist

The judging was co-chaired by Chee Pearlman and Michael
Sorkin who were joined by Max Bond, Trevor Creed, David
Kelley, Bill Mitchell, Eric Owen Moss and Lorraine Wild.

We were honored to be surrounded by the true diversity
and talent of this year's nominees. The Chrysler Award
will strive to continue this level of innovation and
quality in the future.