Diverse design education

Responding to msg by DCRISP@xxxxxxxxxx (Denise Gonzales Crisp)
on

>Thank you Raymond, where ever you are. I would also
>like to propose that DESIGN as a general discipline be
>discussed. I was keystrokes away from unsubscribing to
>this mailing list. Not because architecture is not of
>interest to me, but as a professional in the applied
>arts, and a masters candidate in graphic design,
>I think a more interesting interaction could take place
>on these wires involving all aspects of design
>(industrial, architectural, graphic, typographic,
>etc.)
>
>DESIGN is by its nature interdisciplinary, and I would
>love to see that be true here.

This cannot be overstated.

The most creative and fruitful design often occurs when there
are no rigid boundaries to camouflage vested professional
interests.

The pernicious design divisions in the schools, media and
professions is an unforgivable betrayal of talented persons.
It's done only for the economic and career advancement of
weak-willed proponents who favor privileged and protected
niches.

Ahem.

John