CAD for Interior Designers--Recommendations Please!

Dear Design-L Members,

I'm helping an interior designer friend with what could be some significant
hardware and software decisions. She has a strong practice but only
recently realized the importance of CAD. Recently she was asked to generate
CAD plans AND to work with CAD plans generated by an architect!

What are your recommendations for a range of CAD software from simple, to
moderately complex, to most complex? We're leaning to an IBM PC and
Windows, but Macintosh recommendations are welcome too. In short, what do
you like and why? Blatant commercials are also welcome.

Please answer privately; however, I will post a simple summary for all
Design-Lers at a later date. Thanks for the help.

Phil Cecchettini
monalisa@xxxxxxxxxx