Re: Internet and Project Docs

- - The original note follows - -

From: thelode@xxxxxxx (TheLode)
Subject: Re: Internet and Project Docs
Date: 26 Sep 1994 00:22:05 -0400

In article <2vvhlh$s9j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Richard Tilmann <rtilmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I am still looking for some kind of responce from this group about using
>the Internet for coordinating large scale architectural projects.
>
>I mean, am I really that far out of line bringing up this subject on the
>alt.architecture usenet? :(

I am a management consultant by profession and an architecture buff by
design. Myself and a group of my peers at the firm I work for, have
created software which is designed to assist in project management. The
software was designed for use in workgroups where the team members may not
be working in the same location. The software helps organize documents
associated with projects and gives all team members instant access to all
documents in the project files. We use the software primarily for our
software development projects, but it was designed to be used in any
structured project environment. If you are interested, e-mail me for more
information.

My personal opinion is that the Net is probably not the place for
organizing a commercial project. The overhead and startup costs, in terms
of both time and money, probably will make it prohibitive. Corporate
sponsorship of such a project would be difficult, since those in power are
generally not "connected" their education about the benefits and pitfalls
of the project would take time. I think their are better ways to get a
bang for your buck.

Rob Comstock
TheLode@xxxxxxx