Intelligent Interior Design

Hi!

I'm ending my studies in computer science. My final work is the development of
an expert system in the field of Intelligent CAD. Particularly, the system
should be able to design the interior of some architectural environments, such
as an office, starting from some object libraries of furnitures.

I'm interested in every kind of studies concerning my work. Every kind of
reference or contacts will be very appreciated.

Now, I'm in the early stage of the process: I'm trying to understand the nature
of the problem, talking with some experts. I've also read an issue of AI
magazine dedicated to Intelligent CAD (vol. 11, no. 4, winter 1990).
About the last thing: I've read some interesting articles about intelligent
design, but I think that none of them is focused in interior design, granting
privilege to manufactured design instead of interior design. The difference is
that I don't have to create a new object; I have to combine existing objects
to fit some user's requirements or constraints.

I also would like to know from architects what do they think about nature and
form of design, in a computing oriented way.

Ok, this is the situation. I'm waiting for your comments.

Bye, Giuliano

--
Piergiuliano Bossi
e-mail: bossi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx