Re: Intelligent Interior Design

Piergiuliano,

I am also fascinated by the possible relationships between the computer and
the designer. I would like to think the role of the designer will always
remain an active one and the computer will present alternative elements or
combinations of elements for the designer to select and/or compose. In the
most satisfying interior design and the most satisfying architecture, there
is a larger conceptual reality which gives value to the elements. If the
generation of alternative combinations can lead to such a conception, the
computer has served the designer extraordinarily well. Another operation,
the clarification and refinement of form in support of the large concept,
benefits greatly from the pre-visualizing capabilities of CAD.

Auguri,
Steve Jacobs