Re: Intelligent Interior Design

Steve,

I agree with you when you talk about the relationship between computer (say,
expert system) and designer. I'm thinking of a model in which human interaction
is essential. You write about the generation of alternative combinations. I've
found some architects that have no trust in the computer capability of such a
generation: to make alternative generations the computer must have some kind
of evaluation function. They don't think that this concept is ready to
formalize and introduce into an expert system.
By now, I'm thinking about a system that can produce a combination to fit
some constraints with qualitative reasoning. The human interaction is intended
to relax or modify constraints, letting the system producing different
projects.

What do you think about it?

Bye, Giuliano

--