Re: Intelligent Interior Design

>I'm new to this list, so I may be raising an issue y'all have been over a
>hundred times. But regarding computer-aided design, I'm wondering how the
>ability to model, change material palette, etc. at button's push changes
>the relationship between designer and client. Does it give the client
>more power in the decision-making process? ("I like the gables. Let's
>keep them.") Is the computer a better persuading tool?

To judge from what I've seen as a student, yes, definitely to both of
those. It also is extremely valuable at bridging the gap between the
architects skills of visualization and the client's. I think the time is
coming when an immersive VR walk-through will be required before most major
designs are accepted.

Randolph (who's going to cut this short & get some sleep!)