Re: Intelligent Interior Design

Well, here are the major heads from the Table of Contents for
_Creativity in Invention and Design_ by Subrata Dasgupta

Part 1 Design Issues and Ingredients
1. Creativity, Invention, and the Computational Metaphor
2. A Computational Theory of Scientific Creativity
3. Maurice Wilkes:the Origins of Microprogramming
Part 2 The Invention of Microprogramming: a cognitive explanation
4. Prolegomen
5. The genesis of an idea: creating the initial sketch
6. The evolution of an idea: to a mature form
Part 3 Reflections on the nature of inventing
7. Eight hypothesis about the nature of inventing
8. Epilogue
Also included within the book is a rule system in the Appendix which
includes A) Inference Rules, Facts, Non-Inference Rules, and Goals.

I am glad to see that you are up to speed on the work being done by
John Gero and hes group. There are a few others around that take
quite differ4ent perspectives, but (more than simply fascinating), I
feel that this domain is one of the most exciting subjects in CS to be
working one. I look forward to your future corresponsdence.

- Ray Lauzzana