Re: A Quick Question about AIA On-line.

>You'd think if the AIA were really worried about the state (and future) of
>the profession, it would provide AIA On-line free of charge to architecture
>schools/students - or at least at a generous discount. When I went to school
>in
>the 1960s the architecture mags provided free subscriptions to bona-fide
>architecture students. It made us feel wanted in the profession. Is there a
>subtle message AIA is trying to communicate?

I am an AIAOnline subscriber and I can tell you that are so few people
using the system that it has very limited value, except for the CBD
listings which wouldn't be of any use to students. So you're all hankering
after something that is probably not worth the fuss.

By the way, there is a connect charge but no monthly fee. The system is
designed to allow you to quickly download whatever you need and read it
off-line. So it's already quite inexpensive compared to other online
services. I just wish more architects would use it.

Jonathan Cohen, AIA
246 First St., Suite 203
San Francisco, CA 94105 USA
email: kvetcher@xxxxxxxx