Degrees

re: B. Arch., M. Arch. etc.: There is a move by the "Collateral
Organizations" (NCARB, NAAB, AIA, AIAS and ACSA -- forgive me, non-US
readers) to standardize the architecture degree with a new Doctor of
Architecture as the first professional degree. (This brings architecture in
step with, say, law or medicine.) While there has been considerable
agreement on the need to "standardize" the degree, there has - not
unexpectedly - been some resistance to the idea. (Like, are we all supposed
to go back to school? Maybe that's the idea!)