Re: Sci-Arc Email connection

- - The original note follows - -

Date: 12 Oct 1994 01:15:32 -0000
From: Ben_Wilkes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ben Wilkes)
Subject: Re: Sci-Arc Email connection

Piko:
Sorry it took so long to respond...perhaps my schoolmates have already.

Unfortunately, SCI-Arc is just stepping into the '90s, computerwise. Our lab
is expanding (by the end of the month) to 16 PowerMacs, from the six Quadras
we have now. An internet connection is, I hope, just around the corner, but
will depend on a little more funding. In the mean time, students and faculty
have to get their own access and the administration doesn't even know what
they are missing...;-)

I am both a grad student (third year) and the part-time lab manager. As such
I am hampered by time constraints and lack of seniority as a staff member,
but I think I can shortly persuade the powers-that-be that it is embarrassing
for us not to be on the net. (Remember we are a small private school with no
research or industry funding).

In the mean time, I suggest you call (310) 574-1123 and ask for Steven Pyte
(admissions) or his friendly & generally cool assistant Martha.

Good luck with your info-gathering, and, within reason, feel free to email me
with questions, although I don't know how often I can respond during the
semester.

Ben Wilkes, "3GA"
ben_wilkes@ earthspirit.org--

Sent via Earth Spirit Online - The Environmental Network - Los Angeles, CA
24hrs - 14.4 kbd, v.32 bis - GUI for MAC/Windows - (310) 264-4785
for more information send e-mail to: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx