Re: O.M. Ungers and the German Ambassador's Residence

On Wed, 12 Oct 1994, Cheryl A Owens wrote:

> I'm working on a paper about the newly built residence for the
> quite beautiful but is the austere family residence upstairs a
> home? Is it right for an architect to design furniture, lighting,
> etc., and make strict rules about placement? (I realize that

It's not illegal or immoral. But can he get away with it? Does he do it
with built-ins or room designs so weird that only one furniture
arrangement is even remotely possible? Does he really think the then
Ambassador's teenage children will observe these rules some thirty years
from now?

David Sucher