Re: Degrees

"My own opinion is that architects need a union. Yes, a good old fashioned
labor union like the ones that work for journalists, teachers, professors,
and the writers, directors, producers etc. who work in Hollywood, TV, and
Broadway. Those are all highly competitive fields like architecture, yet
those groups enjoy far better job security, working conditions and pay."

I sent a message to this effect several weeks back. I absolutely agree. Of
course, architects have been organizing for years and many of us (in public
service) have been protected by unions for years. The
AFL-CIO had an architect/engineer section in the 1970s -- I don't know
whether it still exists. But as times get tougher, there will be more of a
need for organized solidarity. Unfortunately, the history in this area has
been mostly neglected and/or undocumented. How about you people up in
Cincinnati (at UC's Institute for the Study of Architectural Practice).
Have do done anything on labor organizing in this profession?