Re: O.M. Ungers and the German Ambassador's Residence

>On Wed, 12 Oct 1994, Cheryl A Owens wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a paper about the newly built residence for the
>> quite beautiful but is the austere family residence upstairs a
>> home? Is it right for an architect to design furniture, lighting,
>> etc., and make strict rules about placement? (I realize that
>
>It's not illegal or immoral. But can he get away with it? Does he do it
>with built-ins or room designs so weird that only one furniture
>arrangement is even remotely possible? Does he really think the then
>Ambassador's teenage children will observe these rules some thirty years
>from now?
>
>David Sucher

Even hard-core conservatives must realize that its extremely rare for an
Ambassador to serve 30 years and raise a family in the state residence.
Given your admisssion that its neither illegal nor immoral for the
architect to exert his/her limited control over a project, the rhetorical
retreat to whether the kids will appreciate it seems rather silly...Why
confuse Cheryl with this kind of innuendo?